Reporting into Orangeville’s Production supervisor, the Training and Development Lead will effectively manage training and development for all new and current hires during the day shift. The Training and Development Lead will work with Supervisors, Quality, and Health and Safety to develop proper, accurate, and safe training.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Reporting to: Production Supervisor
- Hours: Monday-Thursday: 10 hour day shift
- Location: Orangeville, IL
- HR Contact: Annie Lee
- Travel: up to 20% between co-manufacturing plants and third parties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Training and Development
- Design &/or update existing training materials.
- Work with Day Shift Orangeville employees on necessary production, quality, and safety training.
- Includes bagging/packaging, mixing/blending, and spray dryer rooms
- Communicate and train on topics such as Lock out tag out, HAZCOM, GMPs, BRC, Food Safety, etc.
- Sign off on employees’ training, providing all proper documentation.
- Ensure training materials are clear & catered to varied learning styles.
- Partner w/business leaders to address developmental needs.
- Provide action-oriented training solutions.
- Ensure training programs align w/co. goals.
- Facilitate workshops, etc. where subject matter knowledge aligns w/program content.
- Seek & develop resources to support the development of people.
- Evaluate training programs by monitoring & measuring effectiveness.
- Guide subject matter experts in the development of training programs.
- Partner w/ leaders in the design, development & delivery of programs.
- Assess training delivery methods, tools/resources, & technology solutions.
- Create & manage a training calendar across the organization.
- Train & coach managers & supervisors in employee development efforts.
- Modify training programs based on feedback & assessments.
- Create & lead “train the trainer” initiatives.
- Identify, engage & manage relationships with external training providers.
- Participate in other projects (as assigned).
- Assess & assist implementation of learning management system(s).
- Assist operators on production floor, as needed for flexibility of Operations
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse to facility standards
- Work in team or autonomy to provide production and sanitation support
- Ensure proper filing of counts, documentation, and all necessary communications
- Move tankers and trailers in yard when necessary
- Other tasks assigned as required
- In down times of training, assist Supervisors with shift needs; duties may include, but not limited to production assistance, document control, lab work, administration, coverage
- Assist Supervisors in audit preparation, capable of explaining documentation, efforts, findings, and status/conditions
- Assist in washing and sanitizing on the shift
- Assist the team when production is down, applying “all hands-on deck” approach
Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
- Support BRC by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner following prescribed procedures.
- Report food safety problems to QA Manager.
- Follow GMP and Prerequisite Programs.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2+ years within training and development position, within food manufacturing.
- Forklift Certified or willing to become certified for employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to represent company in a professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Supports a safe work environment.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, and a team player.
- Some lifting, carrying, and climbing stairs
To submit an application for this position, please email your resume to Annie.Lee@corefxingredients.com and note your position of interest.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice