Safety and Operations Compliance Coordinator
The Safety & Operations Compliance Coordinator will serve as a point of contact to create and evaluate all SOPs for our Orangeville facility. This position will collaborate with operational departments to ensure proper training and implementation.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Reporting to: Director of Operations
- Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Location: Orangeville, IL
- HR Contact: Annie Lee
- Travel: up to 20% between co-manufacturing plants and third parties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Write and monitor SOP guides on equipment and training procedures to keep equipment running properly and efficiently using Microsoft programs.
- Implement SOPs onto production floor, collaborating with Supervisors and colleagues to meet strict deadlines.
- The ability to manage, plan, prioritize and implement detailed instructions for employees.
- Must be able to determine the best process to use for each job and define the tooling and fixtures.
- Conduct training sessions during weekly meetings.
- Asses and implement work instructions.
- Evaluate Risk Assessment and prioritize tasks, implementations, and training as needed
- Assist Support Specialist on organizing, writing, and implementing SOPs and Safety policies that are up to OSHA, Illinois, BRC and parent company standards.
- Transfer knowledge from previous policies into uniform working SOPs, through a variety of formats including written, videos and guidebooks.
- Evaluation of continuous improvements and time savings on all new SOPs vs. previous processes.
- Maintain employee training records.
- Must have flexibility to serve on production floor to gain knowledge on proper procedure of production within our Orangeville facility, including but not limited to, packaging, mixing, and spray drying technologies.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily within Excel for reporting
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED: The employee must wear approved clothing, a hair net and hearing protection, as required when working in production areas.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma Required/ Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s preferred. Working knowledge of safety and policy writing within a manufacturing environment.Experienced in training implementation.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret SOP and safety policies, standards, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and safety policies and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions concerning safety issues from groups of managers, executives and employees.
SAFETY: Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
- Support BRC by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner following prescribed procedures.
- Report food safety problems to QA Manager.
- Follow GMP and Prerequisite Programs.
To submit an application for this position, please email your resume to Annie.Lee@corefxingredients.com and note your position of interest.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice