Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Lead Regulatory processes and support teams both internally within CoreFX Ingredients, and externally with our clients to support the overall business strategy of the organization
- Job Type: Full Time
- Reporting to: QA Manager
- Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Work from Home capability
- Location: Chicago, IL or Orangeville, IL/ Work from Home capability
- HR Contact: Annie Lee
- Travel: up to 20% between co-manufacturing plants and third parties
- Assures ingredients, formulas and packaging materials are in full compliance with laws and regulations in countries where they are sold.
- Coordinate and provide required documentation support for internal and external customers. Supporting documentation including but not limited to: Specifications, Ingredient Statements, Allergen Statements, Genetically Modified Statements, Kosher, Halal, SDS, Range Formulas, Nutrition Information, Country of Origin information, customer questionnaires.
- Well versed in BRC, USDA, GMO, and Organic labeling procedures.
- Knowledge and implementation of international regulations including creation of export documents.
- Creates and interprets labeling, regularly communicates with R&D, Quality, Sales, Customers.
- Coordinates across functions to gather technical information needed to fulfill Regulatory requests.
- Coordinates/carries out specific projects related to Regulatory Compliance.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of documentation to regulatory agencies and other external bodies required to respond to regulatory inquiries, substantiate and approve claims and to gain approval of new ingredients.
- Responsible for handling, maintaining, and enhancing the security of all information regarding product formulas and other technical information.
- Monitors regulatory activities in allocated markets, determines current and expected regulatory status of new ingredients, packaging materials and additives; researches interpretations regarding the safety and acceptability of products and ingredients, and assures that databases are up to date and contain the best current information.
- Anticipates regulatory issues and works with suppliers, customers, and external partners to clarify and resolve these issues.
- Performs the evaluation of packaging materials for compliance.
Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
- Support BRC by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner following prescribed procedures.
- Report food safety problems to QA Manager.
- Follow GMP and Prerequisite Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory affairs with food products.
- Experience related to BRC Compliance.
- Specific knowledge on labeling, packaging material compliance, and claims regulations.
To submit an application for this position, please email your resume to Annie.Lee@corefxingredients.com and note your position of interest.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.