Night Shift Quality Lab Technician
As a member of the Quality Team for a manufacturing facility you will perform routine bacteriological and chemical testing of blended and spray dried products. Work with other departments to ensure all company and regulatory standards are met. Backs up the QA Manager in their absence.
- Job Type: Quality Full Time
- Reporting to: Quality Assurance Manager
- Hours: Night Shift: 12 hour shifts, (4,3,4 rotating schedule). Training may be completed on day shift.
- Location: Orangeville, IL
- HR Contact: Annie Lee
- Travel: Minimal
- Maintains control of all original Quality documents.
- Ensures accuracy of Quality policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to test all products for physical, chemical and bacteriological means.
- Accurately interpret and record testing results.
- Reviews production paperwork for accuracy and traceability.
- Prepares product samples for customers and outside laboratories testing.
- Ensure problems are brought to the QA Manager’s attention.
- Cover QA Manager’s duties in the event of absence, illness, vacation.
- Assist QA Manager in food safety audits and SOP reviews.
- Other document or lab related duties as assigned.
- Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
- High School Degree or higher
- 1+ years relevant experience in a Quality role preferably in a food manufacturing environment
- General understanding of usage, maintenance, and calibration of all lab equipment
- Experience updating procedures
- Requires an overall understanding of product specifications, appearance and body/taste requirements
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to represent company in a professional manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Supports a safe work environment
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, and a team player
- Some lifting, carrying, and climbing stairs
To submit an application for this position, please email your resume to Annie.Lee@corefxingredients.com and note your position of interest.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice